In recent years, Michigan has emerged as a trailblazer in the realm of cannabis legalization and one of the most exciting developments in public consumption spaces or weed bars that have opened up. These public consumption lounges are still a new phenomenon; to date, only two are operational in the entire state.
If you want to bring the cannabis bar to your own private wedding, party or event in Michigan and are curious about the logistics of securing cannabis bar services, you’ve come to the right place.
Are Cannabis Bars Legal in Michigan?
Yes, cannabis bars are legal in Michigan. The state’s Marijuana Regulatory Agency has established regulations and licensing processes for cannabis consumption lounges and released guidelines to apply for a Marijuana Temporary Events license.
However, you won’t need to apply for such licensure (which includes a $1,000 fee) if you’re hosting an event on private, non-commercial property with the owner’s permission. Private hosting can be the most cost-effective and convenient route since legalization is still relatively new in Michigan. Issues could arise with legality and zoning when trying to host in a commercial venue, so be sure to thoroughly communicate with your event location before hiring cannabis bar services.
How Do I Secure Cannabis Bar Services for a Michigan Event?
If you’re interested in incorporating cannabis bar services into your event, such as a cannabis wedding or a corporate party, you can follow these steps.
1. Choose Your Cannabis Event Venue
First, it’s important to consider where you’d prefer to host your event. If you have a more limited budget or are short on time, it’s probably best to opt for a private, non-commercial event space.
2. Consider the Costs of Cannabis Event Licensing in Michigan
The application fee for a marijuana event organizer license in Michigan costs $1,000. For temporary marijuana events that do not include the sale of marijuana products, a $500 fee for each day of the scheduled event is required to cover the agency’s enforcement and compliance costs.
3. Evaluate Your Venue’s Cannabis Compliance Requirements
Find a venue that meets your event requirements and either already holds a marijuana event organizer license or is willing to apply for one.
4. Book Cannabis Bar Services for Your Michigan Event
Contact Cannabis Bar Services to discuss your vision for the event and logistics planning.
What Types of Events Can Feature Weed Bars in Michigan?
Cannabis bars can enhance a wide range of events. You can add everything from CBD mocktails to pre-rolls to your event, all with an experienced budtender to help guests consume at their proper experience and comfort level. These are just some of the events to which you can add cannabis bar services:
- Weddings: Couples looking for cannabis wedding ideas should consider having a cannabis bar at their wedding. What better way to celebrate your union with friends and family than with your beloved Mary Jane?
- Private Parties: Whether it’s a birthday, anniversary, or any other special occasion, cannabis bars can elevate the atmosphere and provide guests with a one-of-a-kind experience they’ll remember for years to come.
- Corporate Events: Some companies incorporate cannabis bars into their corporate events as an alternative to traditional bar services, offering employees a chance to unwind and connect in a relaxed environment.
Cannabis legalization has rewritten the playbook on what an event can look like in Michigan. Gone are the days when your only option is an open bar. Create a unique and memorable experience for guests with a cannabis bar and take your event to the next level.
Request an appointment today to get started!